This post comes all the way from Warwick, Rhode Island, via courtesy of Elder Pierson. It is just a portion of his letter. If you're interested in reading the whole thing (which reads like a really long text, btw) let me know and I will forward you the rest. (Kids these days . . . do they learn anything in school?)
"I was on an Exchange on Saturday and was in Providence again. I was with a spanish Elder though so all of the lessons we taught were in spanish and everywhere we went we were in a spanish area.(daba de daba daa . . . with a blue little window and everything was blue and himself . . .idk if you'll get that joke) I sat in on the lessons and couldn't speak at all. I would just sit there and try and smile and stay awake hahaha. It was fun though. Being in such a different culture was so cool. That's what is awesome about this mission - it's not just one culture. It definitely is a melting pot and i meet a whole variety of people."
(Does the music help you picture him sitting in that living room . . . listening . . .not understanding a word, singing this gentile song in his missionary head? But, still happy to be a missionary in an area rich with history and culture and all that jazz?)
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Missionary culture and all that jazz
Posted by Shauna at 5:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Shall we atart praying for Elder P. in Spanish now ?
(daba de daba daa ... Elder Pierson ... daba daba !)
"Cuz he ain't got anybody to listen!" lol!! I'm imagining a little head bop going on whilst smiling and trying not to fall asleep.
Hilarious!!!
Love you, Elder Pierson!
I can't speak it either, Elder Pierson. Daba dee daba all day long is right!! ;)
I can see him busting some Tektonic in his head to this tune at the same time...especially when it hits the funky part. That is hilarious! And much how I felt the first 3 months of my mission!!
Post a Comment