Wednesday, June 2, 2010

In her dreams, Maddi is just like me!

As many of you know, I talk in my sleep. I also walk in my sleep and am generally crazy at night. Daren has put up with it for many years. He's the only one who doesn't appreciate or see the humor of it - at all.

So, you can imagine how depressed he felt when he found the door wide open one morning recently with no apparent explanation.

No one was up and all bodies living in our abode were alive and accounted for. Television, computer and all other treasures were in their proper place.

The first one on the scene following Daren, was Collin whence immediately began an interrogation that went something like this:

"What time did you get home last night?"
"11:30."
"Did you leave after?"
"No. I got home and was asleep by midnight."
"Oh."

I came down next. There was no interrogation, but a concerned remark followed.

"Did you know the door was open all night last night?"
"Yikes! I heard something at 1:00, but I didn't realize it was left open!"

Maddi was the next person down for breakfast. As she was pouring her bowl of LIFE, she tells us she thinks she left the house last night.

WHAT?????

"I dreamed you were at Larry and Maureen's and so I went to find you. When I got to their porch, I saw it was really dark, so I came home."

Whoa.

Didn't see that coming.

6 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I am just so-o-o grateful there were no coyotes in the yard !

Your first "midnight stroll" was as far as the front porch, too. Snow on it woke you up ! You did shut the door, though. SLAM ! stomp stomp stomp up the stairs; mutter mutter mutter and back into bed. You were younger ... maybe 8 or 9.

Mark Brown said...

Yikes!! That's a little spoooky!! Lucky for Paige, they don't share a bed (or room?) anymore...I remember getting punched in the stomach by my crazy sleep-walker sister one time in the midst of a dead sleep. :-) (This is Suzy btw, not Mark...that'd be a little weird!)

melanie said...

Oh man!! Time to put alarms on the doors & windows.. It's a hide 12-16!

Anna-Lisa said...

It would be so great for her to emulate you in so many ways, but yeah, this isn't one of 'em, bummer.

J'Amy Day said...

SCARY! I agree with Mel - batten down the hatches!

Jonah said...

Rachel did that many years ago...went over to the Banta's and started ringing their doorbell at 2 in the morning. Fortunately we heard the door open and JAred ran and got her...unfortunately AFTER she had rung the doorbell!! That's when we installed the latch on the door that the kids couldn't reach!!!