Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life and all that

It has been a busy month to say the least.

We have been to Phoenix and back.



We have cleaned every sheet in the house in preparation for guests up from Texas, Utah and even India! Only to mess them all up, clean them all up and put them back again.

There have been things to plan, execute and evaluate over and over again as part of my responsibilities at Church.

Easter came and went as did General Conference.

Paige had her first prom.


Maddi had her first gymnastics meet.

(Sorry, I know this is ridiculously dark, but there were no flashes allowed in the gym.)

And, all the while, I keep plugging away on my real estate course.

But, here is what I have learned.

In Phoenix: Life is precious and so is family.

With laundry: It takes effort to maintain good friendships, but the reward is worth the work.

On service: The Lord loves those who serve Him and desires to bless them. I know this is true.

On Easter: This was the last year there will be four Easter baskets on our kitchen table.

On Conference: My spiritual basket was filled to overflowing. Secret prayers were answered. Tell me there wasn't at least one talk where you thought of us?!

On Prom: Grateful for a daughter who reflects her testimony by the things she wears.

On gymnastics: Hard work, dedication and perseverance make good gymnasts, but God-given talent makes it beautiful to watch.

I almost forgot . . .

On Real Estate: @#$%*&!!!

10 comments:

melanie said...

What a great post! The Real Estate ending made me laugh!! Keep on trucking!

Paul and Linda said...

Wash your mouth out, Young Lady !

Other than that ... just lovely sentiments. (Who's been in India ? The Dosdalls just returned from their mission in Chennai. We have a young man from our Ward there serving in the same mission.)

DBP said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL-2VvQmExY

If you would actually like to see Maddi's gymnastics use the link above.

Erin said...

Ben came home from the priesthood session and said..."omigosh...the per.fect. talk for Andrew"!! We thought of him again on Sunday morning. Amazing.

I loved the sentiments as well. Thanks for the updates!

p.s. you are hilarious.

Suzy said...

Wow!! Just a few things to keep you busy there. You are awesome and I almost forgot: hilarious!!

Suzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J'Amy Day said...

You have all been busy lately! I love all the updates... and Paige looks gorgeous!

Karie said...

I can always relate to your comments. Also, Andrews mission call is AMAZING!!! very very cool!

paulfday said...

Paige, You ARE a lovely young woman! Who is this young man standing next to you?

Grandpa Day

travelingtxmom said...

From your lucky friend in India, thank you, thank you again for sharing your home with me, and for all of you being the warm, wonderful, exemplary family you are!

p.s. Loved getting to see Paige in the photo wearing the dress, I knew she'd be gorgeous!