Monday, December 14, 2009

Ahhhh, a Christmas sigh

This morning when I woke up, I realized I didn't have a thing to worry about. Nothing on my "list." It was pure heaven.

The shopping is mostly done - with only one gift left to buy and one left to mail. The house is decorated. Our guests for our annual Pierson family/December ski weekend have come and gone. (This year, we had a lovely weekend in Steamboat Springs, thanks for asking.)

No stress. Ahhh, my Christmas sigh. I am happy and feel very contented.

I am working hard on contented. Remember? WWDRD?
I am working even harder on de-stressing.

I can't lie, if I let myself, I start obsessing about my dated decorations and in a matter of seconds, I am not happy. Does that ever happen to you? Why is that?

I think it has to do with something President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said in his beautiful talk this month.

So, with that in mind. I am enjoying this Christmas more than ever; despite the dated decorations

or maybe in spite of them.

Here is some of Paige's recent Christmas piano recital . . the footage we got before the camera battery died. Ugh.




5 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Oh Tannebaum ! Oh Tannebaum ! Your spreading branches hmm de hmmm de hmm de hmmm. I'm a little rusty on my German.

Cute girl ... piano could use some tuning !

Suzy said...

My decorations are dated too...oh wait, focus, FOCUS!!

After today I am feeling much better...I was able to check a bunch of stuff off my list this weekend...including b-day festivities for #1.

I'm still waiting for my afternoon of "nothing to do" though. Glad you got yours!! ;-)

melanie said...

Listen to her go! Great job, Paige!

Happy & Contented is just how Christmas should be.

Love ya!

Paul and Linda said...

I enjoyed your Tannenbaum number. It had some great chords. Keep it up! Love you,

Grandpa D.

J'Amy Day said...

I have just a few more things to do and then I can "sigh", too!