Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Parlez vous francais?



T- minus two days and we welcome Francois, our french foreign exchange student to our home in the good old USA for three weeks.
Last Spring, Paige brought home forms from her eighth grade french class and we thought - hey, we like the french. We love crepes and blintzes! Not so much the blood sausage bit, but give me a good bowl of french onion soup and I'm happy! Heck, two of our family even sort of speak the language. And, I am still considering learning French to opt out of the math elective for my BYU degree. Doesn't wanting to learn count?
So, Francois is on his way. He is a 15 year old boy with interests in the theatre and the circus. His father sent pictures of him juggling on the beach in Corsica and one of him walking on a homemade tightrope near his home in Les Vees near Normandy. We are the perfect host family for him! There are many in our life who view our lives as somewhat of a circus! And hey, most in our family are prone to the dramatic and we often do backflips in our spare time just to entertain each other. The only thing that could make it more perfect would be for him to WANT to be here.

Yeah . . .did we mention the fact that he doesn't want to come and views his foreign exchange as a punishment from his father?

Welcome to America - here's your cell.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Hey Shauna welcome! I'm excited that you are blogging now. Francois doesn't know what he is in for!!

Sarah said...

Hey Shauna...I'm posting from London...I hope that Francois doesn't do anything too European...like walk around naked. Maybe you could post some signs.

Glad you're blogging!!

Jonah said...

HOORAY!! Another blog to spend many hours stalking!!!

I love it!!

Jonah said...

Hey! I just noticed I'm on the menu this week! ;)

jociemw said...

Dang, I was hoping I'd hover over the menu and it would link to the recipes so I didn't have to plan a menu myself. Get working on that so I can have one more way to simplify my life--steal Shauna's weekly menus.

Jane said...

WooHoo! Good job Shauna~ It will be fun to keep up with the Piersons! Welcome.

Karie said...

Oh Yeah!!!! what blog stock is complete without a portion of the Pierson's. I am so thrilled to read about your life every day!!! Especially because I know it will make me laugh just as much as Becky's blog (who needs the daily comic strip?)

Awesome!

J'Amy Day said...

I can see you Blog -- but can you run? Post up on your running progress! This will be a great way to keep up on the road to Chicago ;-).

jd