Maddi is sick again, poor thing. So, in keeping with tradition for the sick and infirm, the television is on a lot.
Maddi and I were watching "Everyday Italian," around noon today on the Food Network and she was busy pretending to give me a faux-color job complete with the tinfoil and everything. And while I was getting my hair done, we watched a commercial come on advertising vitamins.
In the commercial, this couple were the owners and operators of a Bed and Breakfast. The robust owners were busy lifting their crates of fresh produce, putting on healthy breakfast meals, taking care of the house obviously benefiting from the vitamins they were taking and Maddi says to me, "Mom, that would be fun don't you think? Why don't we make our house a Bed and Breakfast later."
And I started to think about my kids whose friends are usually hanging around somewhere in the house; the visits from the children of friends hailing from Texas or Michigan and who often bring their friends with them to stay the night or the weekend; the various out-of town guests we have hosted during the four years we have lived in Denver; the family who come to stay twice a year for ski trips; the niece and nephew who have lived with us; the various french foreign exchange students from the past two years . . . and I said, "I think it already is!"
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Welcome to the Inn
Posted by Shauna at 10:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Look at you ... all cutesy V-Day background and everything !
As to the "Inn" ... my friend Kelli and her friend had one near Liberty Jail, and sold it so the friend could go on a mission. Kelli said it was alot of work in spurts. Sounds like motherhood, eh ?
I think you're on to something!
Post a Comment